based in Gdańsk — Wrzeszcz, Poland
Planned release date:
PC (Windows), available on Steam
Press / Business contact:
Fast-paced, single-player arena FPS inspired by early 3-D shooters of the nineties. The game places you in an abandoned cathedral in the sky where you will be forced to defend yourself against endless legions of human enemies. As a powerful monster armed with fiery breath and fluid movements you will be forced to fight for your life. But beware, your heart has been locked in the chest and you have to protect it too!
Initial prototype of the game was created as a entry for Ludum Dare 33 (48h game creation competition). The game was build over a weekend by Mateusz Belicki and Krzysztof Gabis and was submitted as "Save the Chest". The initial prototype was build using Warp Engine: custom, cross-platform, 3D game engine created by Mateusz Belicki.
For the next three years Mateusz was developing Warp Engine in his spare time. In January 2019 he decided to revive Save the Chest as Cathedral 3-D with significatlny improved engine and new game features.
The game was alwyas an evergreen project, built slowly over the years. The game is planned to be further developed and updated after the initial release. In a way the game is meant to never be finished.
Key gameplay features:
- Unique gameplay focused around protecting the chest.
- Fluid movement system with double jumps, strafing, rocket jumping and shotgun flying.
- Flexible attack system with classic FPS weapon types.
- Leaderboard that allows you compete with other players around the world.
- Survive long enough to unlock more.
- Custom game engine crafted using the dark powers of C programming language.
- Early software rasterizes look and feel with unfiltered textures and jagged animations.
- Supports massive amounts of enemies.
- Handcrafted graphics and sounds.
Cathedral 3-D — Reveal Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "Cathedral 3-D – Provato"
- Giorgio Crosali, gamesource.it